A Walk in the Woods

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Beautiful Weather

When I started blogging last spring, I had an inkling that I would go insane this year. But fortunately it looks like I haven’t yet. I think I owe it in part to long spells of sunshine though meteorologists are saying that the sky is getting yellowish because of desert sand flying across the ocean from China. Actually I didn't notice that at all until I heard the story about it. Today I read the news that snow on mountain tops is getting pinkish because of that. I don’t understand what chemical reactions have turned them pink instead of yellow. I also think I owe it in part to my habit of taking green tea regularly. If I had taken coke instead of green tea every day, that would have made a big difference. Japan is famous for the ubiquitousness of beverage vending machines. They used to sell only heavily sweetened carbonated drinks and no green tea. Today every one of them seems to include more than two or three kinds of green tea as their vending items. That may be one of the key factors that have been contributing to me remaining sane, not to mention my good dental health. This is the season that makes me want to stay outside any minute of the day because breeze is so nice. The modern day myth has it that mad people go outside when spring comes. So will I.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home