A Walk in the Woods

Friday, August 18, 2006

Writing exercise 2

I've made up my mind to write here every day from now on. I'll write down whatever comes to my mind. I know that some English teachers argue that writing English could do more harm than good to those whose mother tongue is not English. Maybe it's true but I don't care.

So I'm going to write down whatever comes to my mind.


Although I'm a Japanese, I don't like Japanese anime and manga, except for a few cartoonists. I don't understand why they have had such a great success worldwide. The very kind of anime and manga that seems most appealing to people around the world just gives me the willies. I usually try as best I can not to come across them while on the Internet, but these days they seem to get into every nook and cranny of the digital world. How disgusting.

Today I saw a middle-aged transvestite walking up and down a station platform. He was scantily clad, with a micromini and pink tank top. It was so weird. The skirts he was wearing were way too short that I wondered why he's not arrested. One of the weirdest things I've seen this summer.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This blog is very interesting.
    I can honestly say that you speak (well, you at least type) better than 50+% of Americans who post on message boards that I visit daily. How long have you been taking English? You should be very proud of yourself. Keep it up!!

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger Tanaka said…

    Thanks for your comment.

    コメントありがとうございます。

    I'm fluttered. 
    Oh I've made a mistake.
    I'm flattered.

    英語は むずかしいです。

    英語 = English

     
  • At 7:58 PM, Blogger Tanaka said…

    「英語は むずかしいです」(eigo ha muzukashi desu.)

    meaning:
    English is difficult to learn.

    よくまちがえます。(yoku machigae masu.):
    So I often make mistakes.

     
  • At 1:22 AM, Blogger Tanaka said…

    PS.
    I bookmarked your blog.
    It's so exciting.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home