A Walk in the Woods

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Houry diary on Equinox

.
9:35 am in Tokyo time: It’s a very beautiful day today here in Connecticut. No. I live in Tokyo. It makes me feel like humming “Ribbon in the sky.”

11:10 am in Tokyo time: I’ve been wondering whether to spend today learning Engrish or just go out. My conclusion is that staying at home all day long on a day like this is like wasting every penny on a dark horse you’re pretty sure has no chance of winning. So I decided to go out for a Keirin race today. I’ll take an electronic camera with me.

4:00 pm in Tokyo time: Clouds started to cover up the sky from noon and I ended up not going out. I'm going to study Engrish.

5:00 pm in Tokyo time: The book I'm reading now is "Airframe" by Michael Crichton. His books are generally much easier to read than, say, Stephen King's, and I believe they are appropriate for intermediate learners like me.

6:30 pm in Tokyo time: Speaking of Stephen King, "Pet sematary" is the most chilling, horrendous and creepiest novel I've ever read. I read it in translation. I don't want to read it again, though I'm sometimes tempted to. It really freaked me out.

7:54 pm in Tokyo time: I realize blogging needs some kind of momentum to keep going. Or simply enough time on your hand.

9:32 pm in Japan time: Thanks for reading today. Hope tomorrow will be another great day for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home